Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Chair!

Okay, I had this junker chair just sitting in storage, and i wasn't really sure what to do with it. It was a plain dark wood, but the stain was badly scratched and faded. The padding on the seat had long since fallen off, too, although structurally, the frame was pretty sound. So, now that I have a workshop (which I really should post pics of my fabu new workspace), I've finally gotten around to playing with it.
I started by removing the tired seat, and it now has a cushy and oh-so-plush velvet cushion ready to be attached. But the chair itself needed something special. I had found an old german-printed book in a thrift store ofr 50 cents which I was dying to do decoupage with, so the entire chair is getting the treatment. I painstakingly cut all the pages from said book and trimmed it down to just the printed spots, and then began decoupaging in very small pieces to cover the chair. I don't have that much left, although it's taken 2 weeks so far just to get this far. The struggle has been the curved detail on the backing of the frame.
By the time it's finished the chair itself will be a great piece of art all in its own!


The Chair, almost completed.


Detail shot of the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home