Monday, June 20, 2005

Project Dresser

I've been looking for a while now for the perfect thing to put my television on in the living room. Said piece had to be sturdy and stable (so the little one can't tip it over, and it could hold our TV), tall enough so that little fingers couldn't mess with the television's buttons, and able to hold our equipment.
I finally found the perfect thing, at a garage sale waiting to be snatched up for 5$ and even able to be delivered! Does it look hideous now? Well, of course, it was five dollars. But the shape of the dresser is absolutely gorgeous. I'm in the process of stripping off this hideous paint as we speak. When finished, I'll paint it a nice rich colour (probably black, knowing my tastes), paper-mosaic the top, and add a decorative scroll painting on the drawers. I will definitely be posting a picture when I am done, but give me a while, this is a huge undertaking. But I just wanted to show off a before pic!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home