Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dresser Done!

Well, I completed the dresser project right before I had the surgery, which is a good thing, since I am now completely wiped out. I realize now that all that detail work I did on the top is kinda pointless, since the TV's on top of it! Oh well, if I ever decide to use it in another part of the house, it'll still look great. Really, the dresser came out a lot better than I expected (even though the pictures are crap). I'll try to snap some better ones and put them on the hoodlum site. But for now, I wanted to at least show off the finished product!
Too bad my pictures don't show how cool the hardware was. It was surprisingly cheap for how nifty the finish is (hammered blackened metal, tres rustic!).
yes, the detail painting on these drawers took forever. I mean, the stencil I made was pretty simple in itself, but getting two layers of paint on there to match evenly was rather difficult. I really love the finished effect though, and still have a ton of the paint left over for some cook projects I can put in the room to match. Maybe I can do a coffee table? We'll see what I can dig up after I recover.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! That dresser looks great!! Yoly thought so too when she was visiting last weekend. She loves your sites and said to tell you how much she loves your art.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home